ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Flame wall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Slayton ShawFlame wall
by on May 20, 2016 at 11:56:07 am

Trying to recreate the attached video using all sorts of methods from CC third party plugins, Particular plugins, even Element 3D.

Can achieve some of the rays, beams, lights that create the "flame wall".

Any thoughts...especially being able to rotate and dolly the camera in 3d space.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Flame wall
by on May 20, 2016 at 1:24:59 pm

If you use particular and element, those plugins should use the AE camera. You might want to check out trapcode lux to apply some volumetric lighting or Shine(though you have fake it with an expression).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Slayton ShawRe: Flame wall
by on May 20, 2016 at 2:34:14 pm

Thank you for your response.

I guess I should have made the question a bit more is the actual "flame wall" that I am having trouble recreating. The closest I have come is with Trapcode Particular using a sprite particle with a custom texture that rotates 180 degrees to continually change the appearance of the flames.

The 3D issue is when the camera view orbits the flame wall, the flames become one big blur starting a about 60 degrees, unlike what is shown in the clip I attached.

Return to posts index

Graham QuinceRe: Flame wall
by on May 23, 2016 at 8:52:11 am

I'm in danger of becoming a one-trick pony here, but have you tried with CC Particle World. The textures can be other comps and if you use Fractal Noise to be the fire texture, it should be procedural, so you won't get a blurring. At least not to the same degree.

Steve Lidrbauch's tutorial covers how to do fire using CC Particle World and Turbulent Displace. - Free FX for amateur films - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved