ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

MP4 issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonie HollickMP4 issue
by on May 13, 2016 at 2:43:50 am

I've been dealing with this problem for some months now, any MP4 related files glitch the frames in AECS5.5
and I know that this is an issue with older versions aswell, the problem is, my MP4 files are over 20 min long
and around 500 MB per file, I don't have the space to convert/extract it to AVI or MOV, and WMV has too much quality lose. Is there any converter/extracter or something that can help me with this problem? Something that won't lose quality and has around the same filesize, there might be an easy solution for this, but I just haven't really found

Thanks in advance
-Leonie Hollick

Return to posts index

Claude RozsaRe: MP4 issue
by on May 13, 2016 at 5:04:18 am

Hi Leonie, I use Skysoft Video converter Ultimate when I downoadl a file from youtube for instance. It has a converter included which enables you to convert to the original format the file and different settings you can change and works perfectly and is not expensive at all; check it out here

Hope this works for you

Return to posts index

Leonie HollickRe: MP4 issue
by on May 13, 2016 at 3:40:32 pm

Thank you very much for suggesting this Claude! This converter really helps!
Much appreciated!
-Leonie Hollick

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: MP4 issue
by on May 13, 2016 at 2:46:27 pm

You could try using the Adobe Media Converter to transcode them into QuickTime with the Photo-JPEG codec. That's a reasonably small file size for nearly lossless video.
Hard drive space is relatively cheap these days, so I would look into adding some storage to your system.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved