ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How is this animation created

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt O'MeeghanHow is this animation created
by on May 11, 2016 at 11:39:50 am

Im not sure if this is even created in after effects, it seems ver very complex, however I absolutely love it. Is there a name for this type of animation and is it able to be created in AE?

If so where would some relevant tutorials be?

The animation in question is the early part of the video where all the parts of the drone are bought together to form the product:

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How is this animation created
by on May 11, 2016 at 12:45:42 pm

The 3D modeling of the parts is done in a 3d package if you want to use AE, C4D can be used to model the elements. You can go the route of C4D/AE or you can use elements that are modeled in any 3d software and the use Element3D to import, texture and animate inside AE.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Soham JaniRe: How is this animation created
by on May 11, 2016 at 1:15:54 pm

Well, let's hope you're good with 3D. :P

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: How is this animation created
by on May 11, 2016 at 2:24:52 pm

A large part of getting the 3D part of that video correct is to use the CAD file which was used to design the product (ie, Inventor, Autocad, etc.), import it in to whatever 3D package you plan to use, then texture map, light, and animate it.

Anyone who would attempt to model the drone in the example video is either a genius, or certifiable nutcase! Why create something that exists in digital format twice? I use 3DS Max, and I can take native Inventor files, .stl files (stereo lithography), and a number of other formats. It is then a pretty straightforward task to texture map, light, and animate it.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved