ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion tracking issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Matt O'MeeghanMotion tracking issue
by on May 11, 2016 at 1:58:59 am

I am having some trouble motion tracking some text in a clip I have made. The result is ok, however I am keen to get it looking a little better and more robust. The tracking works well with some text, but then on others it seems to move slighlty as the 3d camera approaches the tracking solid/text. What can avoid this movement? Is it lack of tracking points? Is it something I am doing wrong?

Here is the clip, it is the first 30 seconds that i'm referring to.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Motion tracking issue
by on May 11, 2016 at 6:04:01 am

I get the impression at least some of the pieces of text are not attached at the right points, which should probably be the middle of the road surface right under where the piece of text appears to be. Some text seems to move like it is attached to something way in the back in relation to the location where it appears to be.

On the other hand, it is a pretty complex scenery for AE to camera track, so part of the problem could also be that AE is having a hard time getting a solid track with such an organic scene and that much motion going on.

Return to posts index

Matt O'MeeghanRe: Motion tracking issue
by on May 11, 2016 at 6:06:47 am

Great thanks so much, I will check what my points are and see if I can get some better anchors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved