ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render issue with Cinema 4D Lite scene

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gates BradleyRender issue with Cinema 4D Lite scene
by on May 10, 2016 at 7:00:56 pm

Hello everyone, wasn't sure this goes in the AE forum, or Cinema 4D lite, so I chose here.

I'm having an issue wherein created a very simple animation of some badminton shuttlecocks in Cinema 4D Lite, and imported the file and dropped it in an After Effects comp. However, I'm getting some navigational and reference lines and objects, namely the horizon line and two lights that appear in my comp. The weird thing is, I've turned off these things in my project settings/viewport display filters, and they do not appear in the Cinema 4D project at all – only in AE. Can anyone help?

I've included ref stills. The first one is my viewport in c4d, 2nd is my viewport filter settings, showing what I have turned on and what is off, and lastly, the AE comp. Notice the "sparkle" objects (lights) and a white line cutting across the comp (the horizon).

Much obliged for any input. I'm a longtime AE user, but super green when it comes to c4d.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Render issue with Cinema 4D Lite scene
by on May 10, 2016 at 8:10:31 pm

CINEWARE itself, not just the C4D document, controls a lot of what you see in Ae. In the CINEWARE effect on the C4D layer in Ae, set the Render Settings > Renderer to either Standard (Draft) or Standard (Final).

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Gates BradleyRe: Render issue with Cinema 4D Lite scene
by on May 10, 2016 at 11:17:30 pm

Ah! That is indeed the issue. Thank you! I was not really even aware of Cineware before. Bush league!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved