ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Create this simple effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hanna deanCreate this simple effect
by on May 9, 2016 at 10:28:25 pm

i want to add this black hole on a face with the sharp corners and now doing something add a terminator face or metal behind that black area and the sharp area corners should look like the skin is wripped up.

kindly help with basic tutorial on this.
for example

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Create this simple effect
by on May 9, 2016 at 11:37:02 pm

If you want to make a face just like the one in your example, you should contact your local professional makeup artist. That's not an effect -- that's hours of painstaking face-painting.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bob ColeRe: Create this simple effect
by on May 10, 2016 at 1:44:17 am

[Dave LaRonde] "That's not an effect -- that's hours of painstaking face-painting."

Except maybe for the red eyeball?

Return to posts index

hanna deanRe: Create this simple effect
by on May 10, 2016 at 6:13:50 am

i will post a video here asap of what i know then kindly help me on how to fix it.

it is possible and am seeking help buddy thats all i ask

Return to posts index

by on May 10, 2016 at 4:48:17 pm

i just done this with adobe photoshop and imported the file and attached to null working.

hmm not sure why i should contact my local professional makeup artist , i dont think your being helpfull rather insulting me

Return to posts index

Isaac Someah-KwawRe: Create this simple effect
by on May 10, 2016 at 2:14:37 am

From the looks of it, this would be a job better suited for Photoshop than After Effects, unless you intend to animate the face somehow. It shouldn't be to terribly difficult using some masking.

I imagine you could just use the magic wand selection tool to select the black area, and then create an inverted mask that turns it into transparency. Then place another metal image similar in color and texture to the other metal face parts in a layer below the hole layer. Then, either mask or delete any extra metal area that would hang out from under the hole layer's outer edges. That would get you part of the way there. And then you can do some color correction and clone stamp/healing brush work to make the hole layer better mesh with the skin tone and texture.

After you finish that, then you could import the final product into after effects and do anything else you had in mind.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Create this simple effect
by on May 10, 2016 at 7:31:09 am

Depending on the shot, if the face moves much, if it turns or not, there are several ways of approaching this.
If the face is not turning (or turning just a bit), you can paint the patch in PSD (create a patch with edges and terminator head under) and then use Mocha to track and comp that patch on the face. A bit of distortion may be necessary using Mesh Warp.
For a 3d move, where the face turns, you need a 3d track and a 3d patch. First stabilize the head, to have it always in the same spot in the frame (track 1). Then isolate (crop) the head and do a 3d camera track (Track 2) and a camera solve. Use FreeForm Pro to create the 3d patch and position in 3D space and render that on the head. Then comp back the head in the shot reversing the Track 1 stabilization.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Create this simple effect
by on May 10, 2016 at 9:09:09 am

For Andrew Kramer's approach, see this:

Return to posts index

by on May 10, 2016 at 4:23:04 pm

i wanted a tutorial like this

i just found that now.

if a kid can do this am sure you guys spent many years in after effects u must know a simple apprache to what i wanted to do

Return to posts index

Bob ColeRe: Create this simple effect
by on May 10, 2016 at 5:36:37 pm
Last Edited By Bob Cole on May 10, 2016 at 5:39:24 pm

Hanna, thank you for sharing the YouTube video.

Good luck with your project.

Bob C

Return to posts index

by on May 10, 2016 at 7:27:29 pm

this video gave me idiea it has not helped how ever i am trying to use andrew kramer method rather then photoshop method , using black hole background then adding an image behind it , this way u can get more details into the scene rather then static photoshop image

Return to posts index

Soham JaniRe: Create this simple effect
by on May 11, 2016 at 1:20:08 pm

Not sure what version of AE you're on, but I believe the new version comes with a face tracker, so that might be of some help.

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]