ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Frames one over another

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Viny Baker
Frames one over another
on May 8, 2016 at 5:15:08 pm

Hello, my problem is when i edit the video and preview everything is ok, but after rendering the girl's legs and hands, particularly the legs are hazy or shaky, like there are coming two frames at a time. Would u help me how to save the video without lagging frames. Sorry for my words or terms as im new user to AE. Thank you.

File - https://vimeo.com/165772878 password-sb123

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Frames one over another
on May 9, 2016 at 5:46:10 am

Are you time remapping the animation layer or do you have motion blur turned on?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on May 9, 2016 at 7:25:27 am

I would guess your comp frame rate is different from the frame rate you are exporting, and you're getting a frame blend mix for the in-between frames. So I'd check that and make sure they're the same.

Return to posts index

Viny Baker
on May 9, 2016 at 9:46:18 am

First i chose new comp with the default settings as AE provided me, it was 15fps, but the girl video is 14.285,at the export time AE showed the comp was 15fps so the video would be 15fps so i let AE do that.

And as u mentioned frame blend, i had turned on but i dont know what it works for, i thought like PS it would flatten the video's layers into one and would be smooth to watch. If anything was wrong i did, then please provide me a default setting on AE for this particular video.

Return to posts index

Viny Baker
on May 9, 2016 at 9:35:40 am

I did nothing but in the interpret menu, i looped it to 100 times only, it was 10 seconds long but video i wanted to make was 3 minutes, before i did the same with two video but it never was happened like this though.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on May 9, 2016 at 12:51:45 pm

You can interpret the video footage to 15 frames per second in the project panel and it should work fine. Interpreting footage changes the speed, but the difference is negligible in this case.

The other option is to change the comp setting to match the footage fps instead.

Frame blend fills in in-between frames by showing two frames at the same time with the other frame overlaid semitransparent. That's most likely where you're getting the "ghost image" from.

15 fps is pretty few frames, so will look a bit choppy, but it is fine for web use (better download times) and some types of animation that have the look of frame-by-frame hand-drawn animations, which were originally 12 fps -- or, more accurately, 24 fps with every frame shown for two frames.

Return to posts index

Viny Baker
on May 9, 2016 at 5:08:48 pm

Ok thanks for the info, i should let you know there are three videos that are of girl(splitted the video in three parts), dog and the audio graph, should i interpret these 3 videos' fps to comp's fps?

And before rendering should i also change the keyframe rate in the format option, though i did not do it in this video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]