ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using same animation for different text- How to change text in one without AE syncing them all?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelli HuiƩUsing same animation for different text- How to change text in one without AE syncing them all?
by on May 7, 2016 at 4:22:16 am

Hi all,

I bought a title pack from Envato, and I want to use one particular title animation several times throughout my video, just with different text each time. For example what, where, when etc.

There's a specific animation in the title pack I want to use for all of these, just with what/where/when in each instance, but when I create a new composition, add the text, and then attempt to change the text, it syncs all other instances of that specific title animation to the same text.

I've been working between AE and PP for grading, but this is my first time working with title animation. I haven't found anything online that helps with this particular issue and I am totally stumped!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Using same animation for different text- How to change text in one without AE syncing them all?
by on May 7, 2016 at 6:19:29 am

Not sure how your setup is, but this is how you do it: Make sure the text animation you want to re-use is in a comp by itself. Duplicate the comp in the PROJECT window and not in the Timeline, as many times as needed, rename and then go in each individual comp and change your text. This will create separate compositions that can be individually tweaked without affecting the others. If you duplicate in the Timeline, you create instances of the same comp and if you change anything in one of them it affects all.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]