ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to add multiple overlapping rotoscoped masks onto one layer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ismail AhmedHow to add multiple overlapping rotoscoped masks onto one layer?
by on May 2, 2016 at 2:15:17 pm

I have 3 rotoscoped layers of a background that I want to take out and they are all on separate layers. The layers overlap so when I put them on the layer and subtract it, it does not work. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? All of the rotoscoped layers are on separate layers to the plate and are all key framed.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How to add multiple overlapping rotoscoped masks onto one layer?
by on May 2, 2016 at 2:23:04 pm

I'm not quite following what you've done.

You could precompose them and use that precomp as a track matte, you could copy and paste the masks onto the same layer, or you could give us a bit more information (screenshots would help) and we can try to offer more competent assistance.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ismail AhmedRe: How to add multiple overlapping rotoscoped masks onto one layer?
by on May 2, 2016 at 2:51:34 pm

I've managed to fix the problem of applying the masks to the layer, but they apply at different times throughout the scene and when I try to key frame the mask opacity it takes the whole layers opacity down.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How to add multiple overlapping rotoscoped masks onto one layer?
by on May 2, 2016 at 2:59:21 pm

[Ismail Ahmed] "when I try to key frame the mask opacity it takes the whole layers opacity down"

Then add another mask over the whole thing and put it at the top of the stack.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]