ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Screen credit for dead pixel removal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam FisherScreen credit for dead pixel removal
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 4:53:23 am

Quick question about screen credits for dead pixel removal. I removed some dead pixels for a friends low budget movie and he wants to add me to the credits as a thank you for my help, being that we are both completely new to this neither of us has any idea what the credit should be. If anyone would be so kind as to clear up our confusion it would really help. Thanks in advance for any info.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Screen credit for dead pixel removal
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 1:28:05 pm

From Wiki

Visual effects editor - The visual effects editor incorporates visual effects into the current cuts of live action sequences, producing multiple versions of each shot. Altered scenes are then evaluated by the visual effects supervisor and creative director for aesthetic and technical direction, and by the producers for review and final editing.

Rotoscope artist/ paint artist Rotoscope & painters artists may rotoscope the footage, manually creating mattes for use in compositing. They may also paint visual information into or out of a scene, such removing wires and rigs, logos, dust busting, scratch removal, etc

Probably Rotoscope artist would be most appropriate, but Visual effects editor sounds a little more cool.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Screen credit for dead pixel removal
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 2:49:58 pm

My vote is for Pixel Resuscitator, but "Digital Restoration" might be a candidate, too.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Screen credit for dead pixel removal
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 3:51:24 pm

Well my initial thought was "The guy who actually does fix everything in post", but I thought that sounded too cynical.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Adam FisherRe: Screen credit for dead pixel removal
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 5:29:02 pm

John & Walter thank you for taking the time to respond. I think I'll go with Roto. ("The guy who actually does fix everything in post" is a close second) Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]