ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What is mocha camera solve

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hanna deanWhat is mocha camera solve
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 1:15:46 am

please explain to me what is mocha pro camera solver do never used it and now i tested it.

this is what i have done.

i tracked the side of an airline and it went well , i then copied the 4 corner pin to after effects and then added some custom text , how ever i can notice a little nudge in and out as i scroll through the scene , the airline has windows and if i place my text near the window , i use this as a reference to se if my text moves out of place and yes as i scroll through the scene i can notice small nudges .

camera solver

what i done now is pressed solve , i got 69% rate , exported to efter effects and setted the text to 3d layer and now that text is so still its not moving its like its stuck on it well even its next to the window no movements.

please tell me what does the solver do.

Return to posts index

Soham JaniRe: What is mocha camera solve
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 2:13:23 am

Well, if the corner pin seems to function not-so-well, you could try the transform option, or something like that, at least. But if the track went well in mocha but showsmup weird in AE, then it might be the corner pin option, so try messing with the options. As far as the camera solve goes, it could be that you didn't parent the trafk to a null or something? I don't have all the info so I can't exactly help..

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

hanna deanRe: What is mocha camera solve
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 3:08:39 am

your right i have not parented to a null , so what does that mean , does the camera layer control all 3d layers above and is the camera solve better to have objects stuck onto place

Return to posts index

Soham JaniRe: What is mocha camera solve
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 10:51:48 am

Well, you're supposed to create a null and then when you export the tracking data in mocha, choose copy to clipboard, then when you go to AE, just past the data onto your null.

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: What is mocha camera solve
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 2:52:42 pm

Camera solvers look to derive the camera motion from the scene. This allows you to place new static objects in the scene's 3D space.

If you want to affix something to a moving object in a 3D scene, then the camera tracker is not the right tool. You'd be better off doing a standard planar track with Mocha.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: What is mocha camera solve
by on May 2, 2016 at 10:27:03 pm

Actually mocha's camera solve "can" give you animated 3D data (nulls) for a moving object, but it is probably not what you want. ;)

Here is an example of using the mocha camera solve to "solve" the camera. then using a tracked plan to get 3D nulls on a moving object:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/mocha-v3-tutorial-using-3d-camera-so...

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]