ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Issues rendering multiple particular systems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron ArkensIssues rendering multiple particular systems
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 6:22:04 pm

Hi guys,

I'm having some issues rendering a scene that uses multiple copies of particular. The idea was to have a 3D model of an atom I made in Maya be a sprite within particular, and have the camera shoot away from the atoms to reveal thousands of them.

I have it in a box emitter, and the atom resolution's large enough to mess with clipping planes, so when I needed it to be larger, I duplicated it, then within particular's settings, I moved the 8 duplicates to rest against the center emitter.

It looks great when I preview it, but for some reason when I render, the bottom and the right row are missing. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it almost looks like it moved them to the left and the top. After testing this out, it seems that it only does this when the emitters are at the positions that they're at. If I move it closer to the center it renders.

I'm completely at a loss as to what to do, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I tried moving the layer instead of through the effect, and it doesn't line up the same (motion blur along the bottom doesn't react the same) so that's not an option.

I've attached a screen shot of the comp as well as the render. I've tried different render codecs and it's all the same.

Thanks for looking this over!

Return to posts index

Aaron ArkensRe: Issues rendering multiple particular systems
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 10:33:45 pm

Never mind, after I sent this out I tried a few more things, and decided there was some cut off point that was making it flip to the other side. Instead of putting a particular layer at each side and diagonally from the center one, I moved them around so they were in quadrants. So now I have 4 layers instead of 9, seems to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved