ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Masks, lines, text boxes etc

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack BonnettMasks, lines, text boxes etc
by on Apr 26, 2016 at 3:25:59 pm

OK, I'm sure this is a simple tick box or something that I've missed but it's driving me nuts.

I'm having general issues when creating text and masks in AE CC15.

When I create masks I can't double click on them and select the mask to move. Every time I click on a side to select between the points, or to double click it to select the whole mask AE just moves the vertex's down and to the right a bit. It does this with square and oval masks. This means that I can't move a whole mask in one go.

With text it refuses to create anything but small text boxes when I click on the footage unless I choose create new text from the drop down menu then it works fine.

Using the pen tool to create points only ever creates a point with bezier handles meaning that it's impossible for me to create straight lines by shift clicking for example. I can't use the convert vertex tool to remove the bezier handles either it doesn't do anything. Roto Bezier is not selected.

It is doing this across multiple projects.

Like I said sorry if this is a simple and obvious thing that I have accidentally turned on but it is driving me nuts and there are only so many preferences I can click on!!

Thanks again for the help guys and girls.

Return to posts index

Jack BonnettRe: Masks, lines, text boxes etc
by on Apr 26, 2016 at 3:29:23 pm

Sorry to reply to myself..... but further to the above trying to click on a mask vertex allows me to select it but again, as above, it makes it jump down and to the right and so the cursor is not connected to it, but is able to move it as normal......

Return to posts index

Soham JaniRe: Masks, lines, text boxes etc
by on Apr 27, 2016 at 1:11:39 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too when Imfirst upgraded to CC 2015. I just double-clicked on the line of the mask, which allowed me to change the size etc. but I think I just clicked inside the mask I had drawn or something to freely move it.

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved