ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Flash and After Effects Workflow-- seeing beyond the dimensions of the SWF stage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
julianne martin
Flash and After Effects Workflow-- seeing beyond the dimensions of the SWF stage?
on Apr 21, 2016 at 10:53:37 pm

I work on a Flash-animated show that is then composited in After Effects. My coworker recently pointed out that flash player can be expanded to show visual information outside of the bounds of the stage in a .swf, but After Effects interprets the .swf as footage and so the only information at hand is bound to that original stage size. For lighting effects or reframing we have to go back into Flash to adjust the stage and re-export. Is there a way to harness this extra, hidden information in a .swf in After Effects? I can't find anything on the subject and wasn't even aware .swfs had this capability until my coworker pointed it out to me today. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Flash and After Effects Workflow-- seeing beyond the dimensions of the SWF stage?
on Apr 22, 2016 at 2:46:46 pm

Here's a brief reply: sorry, but no.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Flash and After Effects Workflow-- seeing beyond the dimensions of the SWF stage?
on Apr 23, 2016 at 6:46:25 am

I guess you'll just have to change the stage dimensions in Flash to allow for re-cropping and then crop it in AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]