ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effect 2015 Playback and Workflow Issues. Anyone else?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damian DunneAfter Effect 2015 Playback and Workflow Issues. Anyone else?
by on Apr 21, 2016 at 3:01:38 am

hi guys,

I'm fairly experienced with AE and have many production years under my belt but as of late it has been really giving the craps - Nuke anyone?? So much so I thought I would take this to the forum and see if anyone has been experiencing similar types of problems.... so here I go

- when I go to zoom in and out it missus differing levels of zoom and ends up super close up.
- sometimes when I go to zoom it produces weird lasso marks across the canvas. See attached screenshot:

- when I enter in type it produces an empty type / lasso box when none was created.
- when I enable Video Output to my Sony OLED playback is dramatically reduced from 25FPS (comp setting) to 15FPS! Sometimes this is fixed by zooming the canvas window out to 200%. What the??
- A big one, is when I go to grab a mask or shape layer point, the point itself slips vertically before Ive even moved my wacom pen...

Overall general performance isn't super great either. I'm running on a beefy 2014 iMac 5K with all scratch disks, memory allocation, etc, etc triple checked. I've even reformatted the system.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation? I'm a bee's d*** away from switching packages I reckon.

be the ball

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved