ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem witj motion tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude RozsaProblem witj motion tracking
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 6:09:32 pm
Last Edited By Claude Rozsa on Apr 20, 2016 at 6:16:24 pm

I have a problem which I cant solve. In the following clip, I want the appearing wall to diseappear in the left corner while the camera zooms. For the moment the wall stays at the same place which gives the impression that it goes forward with the zooming. I followed a tutorial which seemed to give me the solution but in fact it doesn't work and I don't where I made a mistake. thanks for your help.

Here is my different layers:

Layer 3 is the clip of the street before the appearance of the wall (layer 1). In track motion I applied the tracking to the Null1 (I had checked in the Edit option that the target was Null1) and then parented layer 1 to layer 2.

And here is the result:

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Problem witj motion tracking
by on Apr 21, 2016 at 1:27:07 pm

You either need to do a 3d camera track on the clip and then position the layer you want to comp on top in 3d space to match the angle of the wall you're trying to paste it on
You can use Mocha to do a planar track

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Claude RozsaRe: Problem witj motion tracking
by on Apr 21, 2016 at 7:05:55 pm

Thanks Ted. I tried the 3D camera tracking without success but I made another attempt with Mocha and it worked fine. I made a mistake when I followed the tutorial, my picture did not have the same AR than than the comp! Silly of me. Anyway after different attempts to get a nice shot I've decided to abandon this one as my original has a poor quality. At least I've learned something! Best Claude

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved