ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Music Video with pictures? Ideas?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian ChircuMusic Video with pictures? Ideas?
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 1:01:45 pm

Hi, as the title says I`m trying to achieve a music video with stills. Reason why is because I have a bridge photo camera that shoots in 720p. As for the pictures however it manages to take some really pro stills.

The music is a pop/dance song with a clubish theme, women, partying, etc. So I would like to make something as dynamic as possible, something that won`t make the viewer bored after the first 30 seconds, something to keep him watching.

If you could provide me with a tutorial or some ideas of what and how I could achieve this, that would be so great.

The rig is something I borrowed and it is pretty powerful with an 8 core cpu, 1 titan x gpu and 32 gigs of ram, so I could throw a lot of demanding stuff at it just to make the video as good as possible.

Return to posts index

Graham TeesRe: Music Video with pictures? Ideas?
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 2:15:27 pm

Do a google search with "YouTube Music Videos with still pictures"

Return to posts index

Adrian ChircuRe: Music Video with pictures? Ideas?
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 3:49:06 pm

I already did that. I`m in no way interested in amateur slideshows and/or software built-in transitions.

As I said I`m looking for something that I could do to have an impact on the viewer, like moving pictures or maybe like a comic book type effect where the camera kind of moves into the next chapter.

Also effects, I`m thinking lighting effects or like flares positioned carefully into the image to bring it to life. I want a dynamic video and I just need to know how these techniques are called and if they can be done so I could learn them.

Return to posts index

Soham JaniRe: Music Video with pictures? Ideas?
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 6:38:29 pm

So then look up comic book flip effect and that might help.

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

Andre MonteiroRe: Music Video with pictures? Ideas?
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 6:38:40 pm

So you want to use a lot of complex techniques and don't know how to do any? Well you could try sites like this one or videocopilot. Or you could check the videohive website where they sell tens of thousands of After Effects templates ready to use.Maybe you will find something simillar to your idea. Buying a template is a great way to learn as you can reverse engineer the projects and check how they are done. And you said the camera shoots 720p so it shoots video, not pictures. Or maybe you want to blend photo with video?
Anyway try these sites and I'm sure you will learn a lot.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 23, 2016 at 5:54:24 pm

Google's always your best friend. Or YouTube.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 23, 2016 at 5:54:40 pm

Google's always your best friend. Or YouTube.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]