ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Convert 3d eye animation into maks in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan LanConvert 3d eye animation into maks in AE
by on Apr 19, 2016 at 4:35:59 pm

I want to aplly a particles that follow masks in After Effects, but I need that those masks have the eye form animated, then I suppose that the only way is to make the eye animation in a 3D software (like C4D) and then inmport into AE and turn each frame into a mask in After Effects, is that possible?

or there is another way to do that?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andre MonteiroRe: Convert 3d eye animation into maks in AE
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 2:46:54 pm

I think i could help but i have no idea what you are trying to do. Wut?

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Convert 3d eye animation into maks in AE
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 5:44:27 pm

what do you mean by "particles that follow a mask"? Will you use a mask as an emmiter? Why not emmit them from an alpha source? I don't believe that masks, just as an alpha, will pass any velocity vectors that would make the particles more believable.

But an alpha source is easily acchievable, a mask will need to be keyframed by hand.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Susan LanRe: Convert 3d eye animation into maks in AE
by on Apr 25, 2016 at 7:25:11 am

what's an alpha source in order to emitt particles? do you mean a null object? is there any tutorial about create an using "alpha source2 to emit particles and make them more organic/dynamic/believable please Cassius Marques?

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Convert 3d eye animation into maks in AE
by on Apr 25, 2016 at 8:12:26 pm

A plugin such as Trapcode's particular can emit particles from a layer source. This layer can have an alpha channel, only where its alpha is above zero that the particles will be emitted. You can render out of your 3d application just the parts that you want to emit from instead of creating masks. And use that as your source.

For tutorials, search google for strings such as "particular layer emitter".

As for making them believable, thats a whole other story. Do you have examples of what you're trying to acchieve?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]