ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Resolution Effect on Output Processing Time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos MartinezResolution Effect on Output Processing Time
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 8:21:55 pm

Hello everyone, I have a project that was designed to have a resolution of 1280x720 for all compositions and layers. Now, I need to import a project that has 10 compositions (8 nested inside the other 2). They have effects like what you would find in a simple lower third, no images or video and they're all 1920x1080.

For all imported files, I changed resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720, but it looks a little blurry (I don't know why, some of them are simply text layers). I went back and instead of changing resolution I simply changed the size of those compositions by dragging the handles at the corners and making all compositions fit the main comp (1280x720).

Final video would be 1280x720.

So, my question is: is video processing going to take longer with those 1920x1080 comps even if the final result is a 720 video? Would converting them to 720 make video processing faster?

I'm new to this and the project is not complete yet, so I can't test it myself.

I found this thread where they talk about a similar issue, but I don't think I understand it correctly.

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/277/18549

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Resolution Effect on Output Processing Time
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 10:15:11 pm

Any processing time differences are going to be marginal. I'd worry more about your technique in handling the 1920x1080 stuff. I'd recommend making a 1280x720 comp, nesting a 1080 comp in it and just scaling the layer to fit the comp -- Ctl-Alt-f Win, Cmd-Opt-f Mac.

Lots easier, and no sketchy softness.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Carlos MartinezRe: Resolution Effect on Output Processing Time
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 10:34:44 pm

Thank you very much for your answer regarding the processing time and for recommending me that shortcut, it would have saved a lot of time, but it's my fault for not learning it before :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Resolution Effect on Output Processing Time
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 11:32:53 pm

Glad it helped.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]