ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Unexplained Mask Around Rig

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John JennetteUnexplained Mask Around Rig
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 7:24:50 pm

My character's head seems to have procured a mask around it that interferes with the rotation rigging. I'm new to rigging, and I'm sure something isn't playing nice in my setup, but I can't pinpoint what is happening and why.

My character is rigged with Duik 15, and I attempted to incorporate a 2.5D rotation rig for the head/face (a la Daniel Gies). The rotation setup is pre-compped as "head" and is rigged as the head on the character. I then have a rotation controller which dictates the rotation of the head.

The 'masking' happens in the "body" comp; Rotation in the "head" comp has no problem. It looks like it is the outline of the head in the rest position (you can see the outline of the ear in the image provided). Something is happening between the base layers in the "head" comp and the complete rig in the "body" comp. I can't pinpoint where the 'mask' is coming from, nor can I interact with it at all.

I'm using AfterEffects CC 2015 (latest update), Windows 7, Dell M6800, Nvidia Quadro K3100M

I appreciate any help, as my character rotation is severely limited by this. I can provide more info if needed. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved