ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

When morphing shapes, the final shape jumps out of position and I don't know why

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Miller
When morphing shapes, the final shape jumps out of position and I don't know why
on Apr 12, 2016 at 12:18:40 am

Hi all,

I've been playing around with morphing shapes using paths and I'm getting a glitch where when the morph finalizes, it jumps out of position on the last key frame.
So I make two shape layers, convert the paths to bezier paths, key frame the initial shape's path, then I go to the other path and keyframe it, copy it's key frame then paste back into the first shape's path. Every tutorial I've come across shows this and it works fine with text... but shapes... not for me.
Please see attached images of my screen.
Any help would be great!

*steve

I've selected the original position of the circle and square here in this last image to show how it's jumped out of place.

Return to posts index

Paul Fisherman
Re: When morphing shapes, the final shape jumps out of position and I don't know why
on Apr 12, 2016 at 2:41:39 pm

If it's a keyframe problem you might have to manually edit that keyframe, at the last frame. But it seems something a little different here. But try manually animating it, though it's a pain but it might pay off..

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]