ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Form layered map

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed IqbalForm layered map
by on Apr 10, 2016 at 4:31:25 pm

Hi folks,
I have used an illustrator logo as a layer map and have used RGBA setting. Ofcourse after tinkering with some disperse and other effects at frame 0, I have revealed the logo, say after 3 seconds. One thing that I have always noticed but couldn't figure it out as yet is the fact that the reveled logo is not as bright as the original map looks itself.

Some of you might suggest to hide the form layer just after the logo is 100% revealed and turn the original logo's layer on after that. But I would like to know a better workaround. I guess there must be some parameter within form that could help me getting rid of this problem.

Your suggestions, tips would be truly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Form layered map
by on Apr 10, 2016 at 5:48:01 pm

What does the logo look like BEFORE you animate it? Is the color also not correct? Have you used some type of color space? If so, why?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Syed IqbalRe: Form layered map
by on May 19, 2016 at 9:27:16 pm

Thanks Dave and Kalle. I somehow forgot to check your responses directly here on CreativeCow as I was hoping to get a Gmail alert if someone responses! Anyways, my mistake.

Dave, I believe I did not choose any specific color profile. Client simply gave me the logo in jpeg, even though I always prefer to get an AI file that offers tons of flexibility.

Kalle, thanks for tips, I will give these a try for sure.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Form layered map
by on Apr 10, 2016 at 6:34:17 pm

If you're using sphere particles, set the feather at 0 and make sure there is enough overlap so there's no space between the particles. Or you could use square particles (textured polygon).

Lighting affects matters as well, if you have a light in the scene.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved