ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects project render stops on the same frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerzy Wysocki
After Effects project render stops on the same frame
on Apr 5, 2016 at 3:25:21 pm

Hello

I've encountered a problem in AE while I was rendering my project yesterday. I was rendering with Media Encoder. Suddenly I noticed that my CPU usage dropped down to 0%, after a few tries i realized it froze on the same frame over and over again. So I tried rendering it in Render Queue to find out the exact frame. Turned out to be frame no. 3099. I devided it by 60 (comp framerate) and found this frame in the project. When I try to look at that frame it fails to render and crashes "After Effects error: Crash in process. Last logged message was: <13496><2> Making New Context

Nothing new appears in that frame, so it's definitely not that.
In this comp i'm using: Sound Keys, CC Star Burst, Glow, Starglow, Shine, Twitch, a few png images and that's pretty much it. Oh, and a audio spectrum.
My PC:
CPU: AMD FX-8350
Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme 3
RAM: 16 GB HyperX Savage 2400Mhz (2x8)
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 650 Ti
This is my second year of AE and this never happened to me, please help :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects project render stops on the same frame
on Apr 5, 2016 at 3:49:04 pm

It sounds like a corrupt file. Turn off a layer at a time until you find it, then replace it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jerzy Wysocki
on Apr 5, 2016 at 6:28:27 pm

Thanks for the reply, I think i have found the source. It's actually not a single layer, but rather a few layers pre-composed together. So..I guess I'll just redo that composition. Do you know what may have caused it? Is is my mistake or not?

Thanks again ;)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 5, 2016 at 6:31:24 pm

Sorry, there's no way to tell by your description. A screen shot (or shots) showing the trouble area and the effects applied to the layers would be helpful.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jerzy Wysocki
on Apr 6, 2016 at 3:21:22 pm

Ok, so i think I have found the problem: Twitch. The reason all the layers made AE crash is because all of them had Twitch applied to them. So now..instead of that I made an adjustment layer with Twitch and deleted it from all the other layers. But *sigh* it still crashes on that frame. In this comp Twitch is linked to SoundKeys to create some nice movement (Twitch slide) to music. (basic audio visuals)
I linked the same SoundKeys output to 4 diffrent Twitch settings: speed, ammount, slide ammount and slide twitches [sec].

Return to posts index

Jerzy Wysocki
on Apr 6, 2016 at 3:34:57 pm

EDIT: Ok, so i've narrowed it down a bit. As soon a I try to link the "Slide Ammount" setting to SoundKeys, it crashes. The 3 others are fine, works no problem. So I guess i could just leave it at that, but still, I don't understand why it crashes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]