ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects tracking data into C4D WITHOUT 3D camera tracking.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary-Alice ThompsonAfter Effects tracking data into C4D WITHOUT 3D camera tracking.
by on Apr 4, 2016 at 7:44:09 am

Hi!

I'm totally stumped.

I've got a piece of footage that's on snow, so the 3D camera tracker isn't logging any useful points to track from.

I have 2 tracked points just from the general motion tracking panel but I can't find any info on how to get that data into C4D, everything I've seen just tells you to use 3D camera tracker, which isn't working for my scene.

I'm trying to place 3D text in the scene from Cinema 4D, it's sitting on a plane to catch the shadows which has the video projected onto it so I'm not sure that I'll be able to pull this into After Effects.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects tracking data into C4D WITHOUT 3D camera tracking.
by on Apr 4, 2016 at 3:42:37 pm

You can export a file to C4D from AE that contains 3d data. So, simply parent a light to the null object that has your tracking data on it and zero out the values so it matches it exactly. That light should show up in the resulting C4D file.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]