COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avnish SinghMatte painting
by on Apr 2, 2016 at 1:08:36 am
Last Edited By Avnish Singh on Apr 2, 2016 at 1:09:50 am

I have a project for matte painting for which i shot a video,
i was hoping if i can get some inputs on how to go about it

My concept is inspired by these videos

Here is a screenshot of my shot in which i walk into the frame and camera pans up to the sky.

I have started with the matte painting in photoshop, i was wondering if i should key myself out using roto and then add myself in the matte painting in the shot or just use color key to replace the sky and replace with the mattepainting/set extension and zoom in with a camera in after effects after tracking the shot, though i feel if i just key out the sky i wont really get the depth of field effect as i zoom in with the camera.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Matte painting
by on Apr 4, 2016 at 6:37:53 am

Keeping as much as possible from the real shot (keying out the sky) will help the realism of your shot. As far as the camera move, depth of field , parallax and all that, you need to make sure that your AE camera matches your real camera and that the elements of the matte painting are set in z space far enough to get the effect you want.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Avnish SinghRe: Matte painting
by on Apr 8, 2016 at 11:00:08 pm

Correct me if i am wrong. since i dont have the greenscreen i think i will roto myself out, then only i suppose i can get the effect of parallax compared to the method where just keying out the sky and replacing it with the mattpainting, it won;t really give the feel of parallax since the only affected by the 3d camera would be the elements in matte painting not the footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved