ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Where to keep learning Motiongraphics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mateo MazziniWhere to keep learning Motiongraphics
by on Mar 31, 2016 at 1:38:53 pm
Last Edited By Mateo Mazzini on Mar 31, 2016 at 7:38:15 pm

This is a general question. Does anyone know where in the world is any school that offers an ADVANCE course in motion graphics that will worth to travel and spend the money?
I've been working for 5 years now in vfx and motion graphics. I had taught myself by tutorials just as most motiongraphers. I know AE and Cinema 4d.
Now i want to keep learning, and grow as a motiongrapher, unfortunately in my country there are no schools for this (i live in uruguay in south america).

thank you!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Where to keep learning Motiongraphics
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 7:04:44 am

"Stealing" the art is the best way - schools will not give you advanced training but basic and semi advanced stuff. The way you went about it- tutorials- is the cheapest way and best way to try and learn new stuff. If you have the money, find a good creative shop that creates a variety of motion graphics and has several advanced artists, call them to setup a self financed internship and go spend time with them to steal the art from the artist there. Ask questions and watch their way of thinking and developing a project, as well as techniques of doing the motion graphics (storyboarding, pre visualization, element creation and animation/fx).

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Mateo MazziniRe: Where to keep learning Motiongraphics
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 1:00:27 pm

Thank you for your reply. Never thought to do something like that. although it was the way I started working in motion graphics in the first place, by internship.
It could be a really cool way to get to know other professionals and different ways of working.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Where to keep learning Motiongraphics
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 3:12:37 pm

I second that. I think an internship is great or as also referred to, getting on a site like and going to one of the motion graphic groups. Such as the Motion Graphic Artist group ( ) and looking for inspiration. Then start asking your self how would you achieve something similar. Be sure to follow your favorite artist and have fun.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved