ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Changing the opacity of a Light object / Making Light object gradually invisible

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paulo CostaChanging the opacity of a Light object / Making Light object gradually invisible
by on Mar 26, 2016 at 9:24:31 pm

Greetings! First time posting here,hopefully someone can help me out. Anyway, I have a Light object that I want to gradually remove and like any other object I hoped opacity would do the trick, however it doesn't seem to have that property, the closest thing is Intensity and that doesn't do the same thing because t just makes the whole scene dark instead of making the Light layer invisible. I hope I'm making sense, I'm still very much starting with After Effects, which means I barely know what I'm doing. Thank You.

Return to posts index

Marcin KaweckiRe: Changing the opacity of a Light object / Making Light object gradually invisible
by on Mar 26, 2016 at 10:24:46 pm

You can't change the opacity of light, however you can change it's intensity of course. When your scene gets dark after decreasing light intensity just add an ambient light and play with it's intensity and colour to get desired result.

Return to posts index

Paulo CostaRe: Changing the opacity of a Light object / Making Light object gradually invisible
by on Mar 26, 2016 at 11:46:53 pm

Thanks for responding. Changing the intensity does nothing, only literally hiding it or deleting does it actually make it change the scene. Unfortunately hiding the layer is a binary thing. I've been following this tutorial

Return to posts index

Paulo CostaRe: Changing the opacity of a Light object / Making Light object gradually invisible
by on Mar 27, 2016 at 12:22:25 am

I managed to do it with the Ambient Light, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]