ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyframing Camera Pan - what interpolation to use?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel HetheringtonKeyframing Camera Pan - what interpolation to use?
by on Mar 24, 2016 at 1:03:17 pm

My workflow got complicated, maybe overly. I made a picture mosaic in photoshop using contact sheet script, then made a card dance out of it.

I then had to carefully attach a 3d cam using a 3d null (card dance using comp cam). Problem is I want to use the 3d cam to start at a certain card zoomed all the way - no problem - but then every time I change the positioning of a future key frame, it effects the relative positioning of the existing key frames.

Is this because of key frames not on linear?

Return to posts index

Dustin ParsonsRe: Keyframing Camera Pan - what interpolation to use?
by on Mar 25, 2016 at 11:29:51 pm

That shouldn't happen unless you have all the camera's keyframes selected before changing the position of the camera. If you don't have any keyframes selected the new camera position should not interfere with any of the others.

The interpolation of the keyframes wouldn't affect this:
  • Spacial interpolation determines with whether the camera moves in a straight light or curved line from one keyframe to another
  • Temporal interpolation determines what speed the camera moves at from one keyframe to another. So it could move at exactly the same speed between keyframes (linear) or it could start fast and slow down or start slow and speed up, or anything in-between

• Return to posts index

Daniel HetheringtonRe: Keyframing Camera Pan - what interpolation to use?
    by on Mar 26, 2016 at 4:26:53 am

Ah. So when using null dolly for positioning the camera, make sure all key frames are enabled for the cam positioning as well, or all positioning for the null, or both?

Return to posts index

Dustin ParsonsRe: Keyframing Camera Pan - what interpolation to use?
    by on Mar 26, 2016 at 7:51:38 pm

I'd suggest using either the Null or the Camera for all moment – don't keyframe both the Null and the Camera, this will complicate your moves. If you have the Camera parented to the Null and the Null is keyframed throughout the scene and you change the position of the Camera then it will still follow the Null but it's relative position to the Null will be different. I'm assuming this is what's happening in your scene.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]