ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

RAM Preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Tucker
RAM Preview
on Mar 22, 2016 at 3:38:56 pm

Hello All,

I am having an issue with my RAM preview in After Effects. I have recently upgrade my original 4gb of RAM for 4 8gb of RAM. My application worked before but now whenever I try to RAM Preview is says "Playing from 0 of 223 Ram." It will run through but the image will be black. When the playhead is stationary, it will show the image of what it is supposed to be on. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted and messed around in setting in AE. I could have missed a setting since upgrading?
In my activity monitor on the iMac it shows that it is using 308.9 MB of memory, so it looks like the computer is reading the memory.
Are there any applications to check this sort of thing?

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Andrew Tucker
Re: RAM Preview
on Mar 23, 2016 at 7:47:46 pm

So I am embarrassed to say that I have figured out the solution to my issue.

Thinking that I had just replaced the RAM, I thought it was a much greater issue. It was actually in the Preview window. The Eyeball was not highlighted. I was so used to CS6 that I didn't even realize it could have been that.

I was doing a remote session with an Adobe Support person and they must not have noticed it either. They went to the preview panel and clicked on the "show masks" and it became unhighlighted. Then it smacked me in the face so I highlighted the eyeball and everything was back in working order.

Thank you for you assistance! Just another learning experience no matter how small.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: RAM Preview
on Mar 24, 2016 at 1:47:48 pm

Wow. I should have thought of that too! Thanks for sharing what the issue was. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]