ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Add Slider Keyframe keyboard shortcut?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff Hawthorne
Add Slider Keyframe keyboard shortcut?
on Mar 17, 2016 at 10:24:01 pm

Hi all! I'm an AE newbie lip-syncing cartoon characters. I've used time remapping on the character mouth phoneme frames, linked it to a slider control, and it's working great so far. I move to the spot I want the mouth shape to change, change the slider to auto-add a held keyframe, and so on.

I'm wondering if there's a keyboard shortcut for Add Slider Keyframe, just like typing ALT+SHIFT+P to Add Position Keyframe. Since S just does Scale, obviously. :) Is there an actual command for slider keyframes? Or maybe some generic keyframe adding shortcut that will drop the same kind of keyframes that already exist on that timeline?

Thanks, I appreciate your help!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Add Slider Keyframe keyboard shortcut?
on Mar 18, 2016 at 10:45:19 am

[Geoff Hawthorne] "I'm wondering if there's a keyboard shortcut for Add Slider Keyframe, just like typing ALT+SHIFT+P to Add Position Keyframe. Since S just does Scale, obviously. :) Is there an actual command for slider keyframes? Or maybe some generic keyframe adding shortcut that will drop the same kind of keyframes that already exist on that timeline?"

There is not.

Instead of using a slider, you could create a null object and use its position or scale to drive time-remapping on the other layer. That would let you use not just the shortcuts for adding keyframes, but also the shortcuts for position and scale to cycle through your mouth shapes directly. (Use the arrow keys for position, use Ctrl+NumPadPlus/Ctrl+NumPadMinus [PC], Cmd+NumPadPlus/Cmd+NumPadMinus [Mac] for scale.)

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Geoff Hawthorne
Re: Add Slider Keyframe keyboard shortcut?
on Mar 18, 2016 at 10:13:39 pm

Thanks Walter! I'm going to experiment with that alternate method when I rig up characters for the next scene. I saw tutorial videos showing that, but didn't realize you could use the arrow keys to control the Null position for it. I appreciate your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]