ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects - Rendering in Upper Field leads to problem in the last frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruna Skrzypek
After Effects - Rendering in Upper Field leads to problem in the last frame
on Mar 17, 2016 at 5:45:29 pm

Hi everyone!

I searched through the Forum but I didn't find any similar problem to the one I got. Here is what is going on:

I am working on After Effects CC and the files that I received are Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) 1920x1080 29,97FPS Upper Field (they were captured as interlaced and edited in the same way). What I have to do is to apply images to the computer screens that are shown on the video. After Effects is interpreting the .movs as they are (Upper Field, etc etc) and as I work everything is doing fine, the problem is during the render:

Let's say I have a video that is a Wide Shot (1st), then it goes to a Close, the is gets back to a Wide Shot (2nd) that is really similar to the first. Since the Wides Shots are similar and have a bit of movement, I cut the Second Wide Shot and paste right after the First, so I precompose and do a camera track, apply the images to the screen and then cut the comp and set the slices on the top of the original video (I hope wrote it in a not confusing way, so just to clarify, for example: the VFX Comp will be set on the top of the 1st Wide Shot video layer that is in the main comp, both will start at 0;00;00;00 and will end at 0;00;01;00; so it cames the Close, that I don't have VFX, that will last for 01;00; and the we are back to the 2nd Wide Shot, that will start at 0;00;02;00 on the main comp, but the VFX Inside Comp is actually setting 0;00;01;01 - because in the VFX Comp I deleted the Close shot)

Okay, I have done it many times and it worked pretty well. The problem is during the render when I select Upper Field (I tested without this option and worked just fine!) that is the format that the editor is asking: in the very last frame of the 1st Wide Shot, my screen animation changes to the next frame of the VFX Comp, that it would be the first frame of the 2nd Wide Shot screen animation. I don't know what to do in order to fix it. I tested different settings in the render queue, but every time that I select Upper Field, it keeps changing the last animation frame.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Bruna

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects - Rendering in Upper Field leads to problem in the last frame
on Mar 17, 2016 at 9:00:09 pm

It sounds like a matter of trimming. One frame either way ought to take care of it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bruna Skrzypek
Re: After Effects - Rendering in Upper Field leads to problem in the last frame
on Mar 17, 2016 at 10:41:57 pm

Hi Dave, thank you for answering!

Unfortunately I don't think this is the problem, because when I am on after affects passing frame by frame and when I render it in progressive it works just fine, without having this "additional next frame".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]