ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What's the secret to edit different kind of Fonts, Colors or size on same paragraph?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Valentin Balmaseda
What's the secret to edit different kind of Fonts, Colors or size on same paragraph?
on Mar 17, 2016 at 4:31:09 am

Hello to all,

maybe it is a basic question, but I don't understand the behaviour of AE on edit or create paragraph text with different sizes, colors or kind of fonts inside of that same line.

Sometimes I can do it! but another times it doesn't let me change this properties only on one word, and It forces to change on all paragraph....

What is the magic formula to make this adjustments on select words in a full line?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
Re: What's the secret to edit different kind of Fonts, Colors or size on same paragraph?
on Mar 17, 2016 at 2:21:26 pm

Use the text tool, highlight the word you want to change and change what you want in the Character panel. That's it.

Is that not working for you?

Return to posts index

Valo Balmaseda
Re: What's the secret to edit different kind of Fonts, Colors or size on same paragraph?
on May 29, 2016 at 11:20:29 pm

Sorry for my delay reply.
Is there moments that like you said, it works, but sometimes it doesn't work I don't know why..
In some cases at use the text tool and highlight the word or part of paragraph I want to change to another color, it change to all the text or words on that layer..
I have been used AE CC, and now it doesn't happens anymore.. Thanks

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
on May 30, 2016 at 5:47:04 pm

If it feel like it's doing the wrong thing, it probably is. I get weird text-selection behavior when I start running low on memory. In general, though, any formatting like that I try to do within a paragraph in AE I end up regretting once I start to animate. Invariably, I end up deciding to animate separately that header line that was 10 points larger than the copy, or the mid-sentence bold phrase. Now, I usually just give them their own text block so I have flexibility.

Also remember to note that although AE doesn't acknowledge it very much in the interface, there are two types of text: Text and a Text block. If you just start typing, you'll just get text. If you use the text tool and drag a box before you begin typing, you'll get a text bounding block that you can insert text into, which will also create the line breaks automatically based on it's size. You may be noticing slight differences between them. Resizing basic Text results in the text changing size (squash, stretch). Resizing the Text Block will re-flow the text.

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
on May 31, 2016 at 3:25:00 pm

If you're not animating the whole paragraph of text as one group, split it into individual lines or words. It's never gonna work to animate part of a text block as separate parts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]