ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

'Zoom through adjustment layer' effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Callum Morrison'Zoom through adjustment layer' effect?
by on Mar 16, 2016 at 7:10:28 pm

I am looking to create an effect in After Effects, which could be described as the camera moving through the glass of an old TV to reveal the clean original footage underneath.

I'm using footage with an adjustment layer with Red Giant VHS to make it look like a vhs (duh).

Damaged footage:

Clean Footage:

Of course I can't just move the adjustment layer in 3D space, as that's not the way they work sadly.

Any suggestions?

Note: I don't want the transition super smooth, so kind of like putting your head underwater there can be a bit of warping.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 'Zoom through adjustment layer' effect?
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 2:31:26 am

Don't use an adjustment layer. Apply the effect to a duplidated video layer. Then pass the camera through it to reveal the pristine layer beneath.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Callum MorrisonRe: 'Zoom through adjustment layer' effect?
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 6:33:13 pm

I'll give that a go, cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved