ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Template - change text color?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Cejmer (MCMR)AE Template - change text color?
by on Mar 16, 2016 at 4:56:29 pm

Hello. I downloaded a AE motion graphic template from, and I need some help figuring out how to change the color on all of the text that I want to input. There are 6 total places where I can input text. Some of them have a clear background, but some of them have a black background. When I change the color of the text that has the "clear" background behind it, the color change is shown in the render just fine. However when I change the text color on the ones with a black background, the color change does not appear at all in the final render. I will attach two pictures later: one of the "clear" background that works fine, and one of the black background text, however I am unable to right now. Please help me and let me know how I can make all text color changes appear in the final render? Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE Template - change text color?
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 2:28:35 am

A dead-simple and not very sophisticated way of doing it is the following -- make a solid in the desired color of the text. Then you can easuly use the eyedropper to change the color on many text layers. When done, delete it or make it invisible.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: AE Template - change text color?
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 12:40:49 pm

Maybe there's a fill-effect applied somewhere down the line?

You'll have to follow the textlayer on its journey, maybe through many precomps, untill you reach the finish line...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved