ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Supercut Text Counter

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul LatzaSupercut Text Counter
by on Mar 16, 2016 at 4:46:57 pm

I recently made a supercut in Premiere with well over 200 edits. Is there a way to script a counter to count the cuts on screen? I really don't want to make all those titles myself.

Also, the cuts are of varying lengths, so I don't think time based code will work.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Supercut Text Counter
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 2:24:42 am

Actually, this sounds more like a Premiere Pro question than an AE question.

Although it sounds like a boatload of cuts to you, I have edited 30-second spots that have approached that amount. I must admit I didn't take time to count them all, but I will confess I had other things on my plate.
But the real reason for wondering why you're asking in the AE forum is that PP has a perfectly good text tool... so why use AE? Do you assume AE has a certain level of automation? You haven't really described what you want to accomplish.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Paul LatzaRe: Supercut Text Counter
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 6:38:07 am

Yes. That is why I asked here. I feel that AE has more automation than Premiere. But if I am wrong, please tell me how to do it in Premiere.

I wat to display a counter of how many times a word is said that counts up on every cut. Example:

Return to posts index

Paul LatzaRe: Supercut Text Counter
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 7:06:38 am

Never mind! I figured out what to do!

I made a series of Photoshop files using this method:

Then I made markers at every cut and automated the PSDs to the sequence at every marker:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved