ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Zooming in problems with After Effects 2015

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jessica EdwardsZooming in problems with After Effects 2015
by on Mar 15, 2016 at 1:31:08 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could help, or if anyone has had the same problem. An editor at work is working on a 4k project. The issue that we are having is whenever he zooms in to the footage it disappears as if it's still loading, but it re-appears again when he zooms out (weird!).

It seems to me that After Effects is struggling with the project, or the computer in general. I've removed some cashe files to see if it helps the computer, but nothing has improved.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Zooming in problems with After Effects 2015
by on Mar 15, 2016 at 4:33:30 pm

Which exact version of Ae CC 2015? The comp viewer panel not redrawing correctly was a pretty common problem with comps of any resolution in the earlier 2015 releases, but I'm not seeing that so much now.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

jessica EdwardsRe: Zooming in problems with After Effects 2015
by on Mar 15, 2016 at 5:02:24 pm

Thanks for replying, the version I have is After Effects 2015 13.6.1.6

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Zooming in problems with After Effects 2015
by on Mar 15, 2016 at 7:16:35 pm

Just to clarify, by "zooming in" do you mean scaling up the footage? If you are using a camera in After Effects to push in on the video, it's possible you're just moving past the footage in 3D space. This is likely not the case here, but you never know. Sometimes it's the simple things...

Return to posts index

jessica EdwardsRe: Zooming in problems with After Effects 2015
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 12:17:54 pm

As in using the zoom tool to get a closer look at the footage. It's not moving past the footage in 3D space. It doesn't seem to be a problem in the 2014 version, just the 2015 version. I'm thinking it could be a bug from using After Effects 2014 and then opening it up in 2015?

Return to posts index

Daniel HetheringtonRe: Zooming in problems with After Effects 2015
by on Mar 24, 2016 at 1:34:25 pm

Yes! I just had this problem yesterday using camera z controls. Annoying - and still trying to wrap my head around it. It has to do with how AE and its adaptive resolution is on the preview screen. My images shrank in size on the screen every time I moved on the timeline until it loaded fully on the preview screen. It might be a preference you can turn off, or maybe pre-comping it might help. I was too time strapped to play around with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]