ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Converting multiple shape paths to single motion path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike ForanConverting multiple shape paths to single motion path
by on Mar 12, 2016 at 2:31:46 pm

I am looking for a script that would convert multiple shape paths to a single motion path. I am trying to "stroke" some text imported from Illustrator using Particular. When I convert the AI file to vector shapes, I get a shape stack with a couple dozen individual shapes. I can manually copy each of these shape paths sequentially into a motion path for an emitter light. Each shape path takes about 2 seconds on the timeline by default, so I paste a path, advance a frame, paste the next path, and so on. Eventually I have all the shape paths sequentially pasted into my motion path and my light travels along from one path to the next. It's time consuming and I am sure it can be automated. Is anyone aware of an existing script that would do this? I've written a few simple scripts but I'm afraid this action is a bit out of my depth.

Return to posts index

Mike ForanRe: Converting multiple shape paths to single motion path
by on Mar 12, 2016 at 2:44:21 pm

I should add: I would also be interested in an alternative script that would create a new light emitter layer for each shape path in the source, each with it's own motion path pulled from that shape. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]