ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Make Layers Cast Shadows: ON By Default?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth BaronMake Layers Cast Shadows: ON By Default?
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 9:15:48 pm

As the title suggests, I'm wanting to make every new layer I add automatically default to having Cast Shadows On (instead of the default off position). Not a super huge deal or anything, but I'm currently working on a project with a metric-butt-ton of layers that need to be casting a shadow against a background layer, and it would help immensely if there was a way to have them cast shadows by default instead of having to manually set every layer.

It's a long shot...but does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Make Layers Cast Shadows: ON By Default?
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 9:21:46 pm

you might be able to find a script to turn on attributes (like casts shadows) for selected layers, however, if you select a bunch of 3d layers, type 'aa' (two 'a's quickly) to reveal the material options of the selected layers, and then set 'casts shadows' to 'on' for one of the selected layers, it will set that attribute for all the selected layers. so it can be a pretty quick process.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Seth BaronRe: Make Layers Cast Shadows: ON By Default?
by on Mar 12, 2016 at 7:25:27 pm

Ohhhh that's right, of course. Lol. I know a few shortcuts like 'u' and 'uu', 't' for opacity, etc. but totally forgot about the 'aa' and the fact that multiple layers selected will be changed. So obvious. Thank you, that should definitely help me.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Make Layers Cast Shadows: ON By Default?
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 10:06:03 am

Also, like any other property, Cast Shadows can be copied and pasted. You can set it on one layer, copy it, select all, and paste.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]