ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Zooming in vignette?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murat AtamanZooming in vignette?
by on Mar 6, 2016 at 6:58:22 am

How can I make a vignette which closes/zooms in on a subject in After Effects cc 2015, like this:

(The effect I'm talking about is at 0:28)

I tried to start with a black solid mask with an elliple subtracting the black and larger than the picture, then down the timeline I shrank it enough to only circle my object, but the scale of the ellipse doesn't change even though the different scales are marked on the timeline. I'm not sure if or what I'm doing wrong. I would appreciate if anyone can help.

Return to posts index

Murat AtamanRe: Zooming in vignette?
by on Mar 6, 2016 at 7:30:11 am

Actually I can change the scale in the timeline from large to small, but the shape of the ellipse must stay the same. However, what I'm trying to do is also change the shape of the ellipse.

The screen size is 16x9, and I have a person in near the center (just right of the center) of the screen. The ellipse must start from outside the screen where everything on the screen is visible, then in a few seconds I want it to circle the person in the center but its shape must change. I can't do that.

It allows me to change scale but not shape for some reason.

Return to posts index

marina martinsRe: Zooming in vignette?
by on Mar 7, 2016 at 5:06:47 pm

I believe you need to animate the path to change the format of the ellipse (but not the size), then use "expand mask" to change its size. Using negative number will shrink it.

Hope it helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved