ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bullet time effect, little confused?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul FishermanBullet time effect, little confused?
by on Mar 5, 2016 at 11:22:33 pm
Last Edited By Paul Fisherman on Mar 5, 2016 at 11:23:31 pm

So I don't have a bunch of cameras and a huge green screen to film my actor bending back with strings. So I'll go ghetto. I shot the camera around him as smoothly as possible while he "bent back" and in AE I was thinking if I could somehow use the 3d camera tracker and add the bullets from C4D and the trail with Trapcode? I know it's a little ridiculous but it's part of a challenge project I took up because I knew I could do it. :) If you don't know what I'm talking about, this might help:

"Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why, why? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?"

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Bullet time effect, little confused?
by on Mar 6, 2016 at 12:28:42 am

i didn't see the question, but this might be helpful
https://www.videocopilot.net/products/the_bullet/

also, have you seen this?

Return to posts index

Paul FishermanRe: Bullet time effect, little confused?
by on Mar 7, 2016 at 2:41:28 pm

Well, that really does loom awesome, but I don't think I can fling my DSLR around, but I figured out how to do it anyway. Thanks!

"Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why, why? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?"

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Bullet time effect, little confused?
by on Mar 7, 2016 at 2:54:53 pm

What are you specifically confused about?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Paul FishermanRe: Bullet time effect, little confused?
by on Mar 8, 2016 at 2:11:59 pm

I'm specifically confused about actually creating the trail with trapcode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]