ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CC 2015 totally unresponsive even after reinstall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leslie AtkinsAE CC 2015 totally unresponsive even after reinstall
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 9:28:39 pm

Help! I can't get anything done in AE. All of a sudden it started acting really buggy. Like if I click on a layer in a comp to select it, it moves the layer down in the stack instead. It won't allow me to move the playhead. If I click the eye to make a layer invisible, it makes several layers invisible. Also when I hover over the edge of a panel, the cursor doesn't change into the double lines for grabbing and adjusting the size of the panel.

I've been using Premiere and AE CC 2015 for several months now with a few bugs here and there, but this is the first time I've experienced total software paralysis.

First I cleared all memory and disk cache and rebooted three times. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled AE. But the weird behavior continues, and across several different projects.

What else can I try? I've got a deadline and I'm stuck in my tracks!

Mac OS 10.11.3
Most up to date version of AE CC 2015
MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE CC 2015 totally unresponsive even after reinstall
by on Mar 4, 2016 at 2:28:10 pm

Un-installing/re-installing Ae doesn't reset its preferences. You might try that. Hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while the application is starting.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Leslie AtkinsRe: AE CC 2015 totally unresponsive even after reinstall
by on Mar 7, 2016 at 4:28:52 pm

Thanks so much Walter. That got me sorted out. Always something so simple. Just wondering why I'm all of a sudden having to reset prefs every day?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved