ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Uncontrollable undo!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg C NeumayerUncontrollable undo!
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 5:46:42 am

Strange behavior!?

I've been working on my project for about 15 minutes (just short enough NOT to be auto-saved, unfortunately), and suddenly I saw everything reverting step by step as if a ghost hand pressed Undo repeatedly. It did this for about 10 sec. After freaking out for 5 seconds I spent the latter 5 seconds trying to hit escape or anything that might stop the undoing of all my work. It was freaky. No option to redo. No undo history.

Anyone else have this experience? I've never seen it before. (CC2015.2, Mac)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Uncontrollable undo!
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 3:27:29 pm

AE CC 2015 is just weird. Many consider it a train wreck.

If you could ace the placement exam for IT Guy or you're comfy writing AE scipts, don't let the weirdness deter you -- push on and start troubleshooting!

If you don't meet the above qualifications but have the time and perserverance, you too should troubleshoot.

If you're a user who just wants to get work done, and who trusted that a new version from Adobe meant an immediately-usable and better version, welcome to the Brave New World of Adobe, where EVERYONE's a Beta Tester and the standard response to non-functioning software is, "file a bug report".

You should use AE CC 2014. If you were unfortunate enough to miss the checked "Delete Previous Applications" box, your old apps are gone and you'll have to seek out and reinstall.

PS -- don't -- I repeat, DO NOT -- update your OS once you get the 2014 version working properly again.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Greg C NeumayerRe: Uncontrollable undo!
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 4:25:05 pm

LOL. Yeah, I recently (1/16) started using this 13.7 release. It works well for me, and I do like the new improvements to ram previews. Overall, general rendering seems faster as well, despite feeling like I'm missing something because I don't see the familiar "multiprocessing" any more.

But the previous version from Summer '15... whew. Yeah, that one wasn't even usable for me. No visual render update, no "hand" tool on a 2nd monitor, etc. It's much improved since then.

I'm sure it's not easy for Adobe devs who have to balance firm "release dates" with cross-app compatibility. Concurrent suite releases likely make it easier to design cross-app features, but I'm sure it creates a dis-incentive for just pushing stuff out the door, ready or not!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Uncontrollable undo!
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 4:55:00 pm

Adobe disabled multiprocessing on the 2015 version. They're in a massive code re-write, and shoved 2015 out the door before the massive re-write was completed. I can't tell you how many bug fixes they've had to issue.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]