ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Footage mash up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Balazs SzaboFootage mash up
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 10:36:25 am

Hy, I have 2 footage of the same set that I want to mash up, but in the secound footage I have some camera moovement and rotation. I need the footages to be perfectly aligned, so is there a better way (plug-in, preset, etc) than manually position it frame by frame?
Thanks for the help in advance!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Footage mash up
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 11:22:47 am

Post the clips for us to better see the issue. And please explain what do you mean by mash up... Maybe not all here understand the same thing you do when you use that term.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Balazs SzaboRe: Footage mash up
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:59:18 pm

I have 4 seperate "jump-shot" of 4 skier. The shots were made at the same location, but the cameraman was moving a few steps between shots (that's why I need to align the shots). By mash up, I mean, that I'd like to make a single footage of the 4 people directly following each other and making the jumps.

@Chris Evans:
Unfortunately the first shot has also some movement, so the warp stabiliser won't help, I'm afraid:/ (But I was looking for something like that, an fx that analyzes my footages, recognize the similarities in the background, and align them, but I guess it sounds too good to be true:D)

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Footage mash up
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 5:08:29 pm

Warp Stabilize them both completely, but don't crop them, just move position, scale, and rotation. Then match them up and add movement back manually (if you want the movement). Whatever you do, you've gonna be cutting off the edges somehow, but this way lets you adapt those edges to the needs of the moment, moment by moment.

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Footage mash up
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:14:21 pm

If the first one has no movement, you could use the Warp Stabilizer set pretty high to eliminate it. Or you could track the motion of the second one and apply it to a null that the first is parented to so you can adjust the position manually if you need to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved