ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Glitches with animation using .toWorld expression

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean PlattGlitches with animation using .toWorld expression
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 12:54:25 am

Hi There. I am still venturing into the expressions world and am trying to use the .toWorld expression to parent a shape layer to a null layer that will change in position but not change in scale. The problem I am running into is I will have an occasional frame that puts the null layer somewhere else on the stage even though there is no keyframe in the position property for the shape layer or null layer and the null does not appear to move- just the shape. I have attached a screenshot of two frames that are side by side in the timeline to illustrate. Does anyone have any clue why this is happening? The expression works on many many other shape layers in the same file. It is just a few of them that go astray for a frame here and there. Any help is appreciated. Trying this forum too along with the expressions forum in case it may be something not related to expressions I am not seeing. Thanks. I am using CS6.

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Glitches with animation using .toWorld expression
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 8:50:24 pm

have you tried purging the cache?

Cassius Marques

Return to posts index

Sean PlattRe: Glitches with animation using .toWorld expression
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 12:01:21 am

Hi Cassius, I did not think of that but I just shortened the time of the animation and that took care of it for some reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved