ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Track Mask and then pin it still and apply tracking data to image.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
archie sinclairTrack Mask and then pin it still and apply tracking data to image.
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 6:00:15 pm

hey
so i'm trying to superimpose a video of a face onto an object, instead of one mask i'm creating a few masks one for each eye nose mouth etc. currently i've drawn the rough masks and tracked them so they follow the face, the actors were trying to be still but there is still some movement. I'd now like to fix the mask in place so that it doesn't move but the video its taken from assumes the tracking data so the eye for example stays fixed in one place. and looks more like it is attached to the object its superimposed on. any ideas for a good way to do this, happy to start over if theres a better solution.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Track Mask and then pin it still and apply tracking data to image.
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 10:34:37 pm

I think I'd track each part separately. I'd make 5 duplicates of the video and have each one stabilized using a different feature you're going to put onto your object with the corresponding mask on that layer.

Alternatively, you might be able to use the Warp Stabilizer and set it so there's no motion, though I have a feeling it might not work.

Return to posts index

archie sinclairRe: Track Mask and then pin it still and apply tracking data to image.
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 10:45:51 pm

thats what i'm going to do, what i'm not sure how to do is stabilise the footage so the mask says still and the footage moves around to compensate instead of the other way round. all filmed on tripod so shot is locked bu the heads move up and down a bit which is what i'm trying to counteract. i've got the masks tracked so its just making the masks stay still but the tracking applied to the video i'm struggling with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]