ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

make a moving font

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Remy M. Ndowmake a moving font
by on Feb 23, 2016 at 11:37:50 am

Hi my name is remy
Im making an animation for the credits of a shortfilm.
I'm doing the whole thing frame by frame so its alot of work.

My question:
I want to animate all the names in the credits
since i'm doing everything frame by frame it will take to long to draw every single name
this is why i want to animate an alfabet and then use it as a font

is there a way to animate every letter of the alfabeth individualy and then turn it into a font i can type in after effects or an other program ?
I'm animating in photoshop and i'll put everything together in after effects.

thanks in advanced !!
greets remy

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: make a moving font
by on Feb 23, 2016 at 2:40:44 pm

Couple of ways to do this. One, you pick a font style and you hand animate each letter, using one of the many techniques for After Effects Write-on. I had to do this for a series of videos year ago, ended up creating animations for every I character I needed(entire alphabet, numbers, symbols), rendered them out, would place them in a precomp, spelling out each thing I needed. Move that precomp into a final comp and time remapping to get it to match the audio. Very time-consuming, but that's what the client wanted.

The other way is to buy a package of fonts that are already animated, like Animated Fonts

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Remy M. NdowRe: make a moving font
by on Feb 28, 2016 at 12:29:57 pm

Hi John
Thank you very much for your quick responce.
Unfortunately thats the thing i don't want to do.
Because i have to write about 50 name, so i'm really looking for a way to use animated letters as you would a font.
The way you make fonts with fontlab i would want to do the same but just with an animated font.

Kind regards

Return to posts index

Remy M. NdowRe: make a moving font
by on Feb 28, 2016 at 2:51:56 pm

I found how to do this!!!!
heres a tutorial for using a scipt program in after effects to use animated letters als a font.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved