ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animation behind detailed glass

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hendrikson
Animation behind detailed glass
on Feb 22, 2016 at 7:48:30 pm

Hello there,
I'm trying to make an animation in a still image with a window (glass) that has a lot of details on it (lines). Now the animation itself is finished and i'm putting everything together in after effects. Right now I'm making separate files of images in photoshop (selecting the lines) and placing these over the animation in after effects but its taking a lot of time so I was wondering if there is an easier way/techinque in after effects to make it seem as if though the animation is placed behind the glass. Does anyone have a suggestion.
Thanks in advance.

Thom

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Animation behind detailed glass
on Feb 22, 2016 at 8:06:43 pm

Have a screen grab of the lined window? There might be a lot of different ways to pull those lines, but it's hard to say without seeing the image.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hendrikson
on Feb 22, 2016 at 8:28:33 pm

9810_lines.png.zip

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 22, 2016 at 9:14:02 pm

Not sure why, but this is what I get when I click your link.

This File Requires Password Authentication. (Cookies must be enabled.)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hendrikson
on Feb 22, 2016 at 9:42:23 pm

lines.png

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
on Feb 22, 2016 at 10:36:55 pm

I think I would just make an adjustment layer and mask every line on the glass manually in After Effects. I'd put the adjustment layer above your animation, above the original image. After your animation is placed and color corrected correctly, I'd put another color correction on the adjustment layer to match the way the windows effect the original image. Finally I'd duplicate your animation, put it above the adjustment layer and use it as a trackmatte for the adjustment layer.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hendrikson
on Feb 23, 2016 at 10:16:06 am

Thanks so much. I will try it out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]