ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Easiest way of Exporting from After Effects to Davinci Resolve (with sound)?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew WinfieldEasiest way of Exporting from After Effects to Davinci Resolve (with sound)?
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 9:51:43 pm

I'm currently trying to learn some of the basics of making a short film, and after spending several hours of slaving away in editing programs and after effects, I finally have some shots that look decent. I mainly use resolve's editing features since I can't afford the more expensive editing software, however I discovered that when I wanted to import a shot from after effects, it didn't support the .avi format, (which is the video after effects exports as, which has sound) and the ones that Resolve does support (such as JPEG sequences) don't have sound since they are just image sequences.

I know resolve supports .mov file formats, but I can't find any way of changing the output type in after effects to mov (it is not on the dropdown menu of available output types).

I understand that I could use a converter of some sorts, but they often result in very heavy compression and quality loss.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Matthew WinfieldRe: Easiest way of Exporting from After Effects to Davinci Resolve (with sound)?
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 10:43:26 pm

Never mind, I am an idiot... I found the option about 5 minutes after posting this. Sorry :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]