ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3d layer looks transparent

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
phillip nugent3d layer looks transparent
by on Feb 18, 2016 at 8:52:01 pm

Hi everyone I need some help, I've turned on the 3d layer on a pre comp full of small 2d circles but out of nowhere they became transparent and started to flicker when they started to move. my opacity is set to 100% and they turn back to normal when the 3d layer is turned off. They are not 3d they just need to move in 3d space. any ideas?

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: 3d layer looks transparent
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 8:34:02 am

Just how small are the circles?

3D layers are a bit "softer" than 2D layers, which may cause small items to appear semitransparent due to antialiasing. Also, horizontal and vertical patterns made of small dots (in straigth lines) as well as thin lines are the prime candidates for flicker and moire patterns.

Rotating the pattern will help, if that is possible. If not, I'd suggest rendering it out at double the size of the final and shrinking it in post.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 3d layer looks transparent
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 2:26:15 pm

Also, make sure your circles aren't in the same place in 3d space as something else.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

phillip nugentRe: 3d layer looks transparent
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 4:25:08 pm

Here is the image. the plan is to have the map and the circles fall forward. This is what it looks like when the 3d layer is turned on. I've been playing around with the material options to see if i can get it to work but most changes make it worse.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: 3d layer looks transparent
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 4:50:18 pm

Is that map a 2D or 3D layer? If the map is 3D, it could be in front (regardless of layer order).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]