ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering Assistance Please - Tried lots of settings, getting problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew JohnsonRendering Assistance Please - Tried lots of settings, getting problems
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:25:32 pm

My laptop specs:
Nvidia Quadro K3000M, Intel i7-3740QM 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit´╗┐
Adobe Media Encoder:
I start the render. It seems to go fast at the beginning but it slows down and at the end, it says 10 min left but for every one second of the "time left" counter, it takes about 6 real seconds. Then it continues to slow down until no more rendering happens.
After Effects:
I unchecked link project checkbox and let it render. It says 45 min remaining but the bar moves really slowly. After 10 min it still says 44 min remaining.
I just want to render a 720p video within 1.5 hours so I can regularly upload to youtube. I don't mind if it renders in AVI (I can compress it). What are the settings or programs I can use? I can't render a single video. The last time I just let it render, it took 8 hours and never finished. :(

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Rendering Assistance Please - Tried lots of settings, getting problems
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:29:26 pm

Try to render to an intermediate format, like a JPG sequence. So you can at least see if the problem occurs within the project (and with a determinate frame) or with the encoder.

You can stop and see which was the last frame to render. Your problem will be on the next one.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Nathan WaltersRe: Rendering Assistance Please - Tried lots of settings, getting problems
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:31:15 pm

That's odd that it starts out fine and then slows down to a halt. Are there any effects/plug-ins you're using that could be problematic? The render isn't uniform and can easily slow down and take longer as it approaches things like motion blur, depth of field, or effects that take a lot of processing power. So not sure what you're exporting though. Do you have other programs open eating up your RAM?

Nathan Walters
Halo Union Productions
http://www.HaloUnion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]